I am all about making homemade banana bread. In fact, I’ve shared some delicious recipes in the past including Cream Cheese Banana Bread with Maple Glaze, Blueberry Banana Muffins, Banana Oatmeal Muffins (healthy and delicious), Pineapple Banana Muffins, my go to Banana Bars and the list could go on. 🙂
Yes, I’d say I use up a few ripe bananas in this house, but recently, when I went to make bread, my all-purpose flour was nearly gone. I decided to use a good ole fashioned cake mix that I keep on hand in cases of emergency.
While I typically lean 100% homemade if I can, there are times when shortcuts are the perfect sanity saver.
This was definitely one of those times and we all loved it. You can keep it a basic recipe or throw in some pecans and/or chocolate chips to add texture like I did above.
Enjoy and hope this helps you out in a pinch just like it did me. 🙂
Recipe: Quick Banana Bread (using cake mix)
Summary: Using a box cake mix streamlines the prep time on this delicious quick banana bread.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 regular sized)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix with egg and milk.
- Add bananas, beat for two minutes.
- Stir in pecans or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for ten minutes before removing from pan. Continuing cooling on wire rack.
Preparation time: 8 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12