One can not have enough pumpkin in the home at this time of year, but can I tell you a secret? I don’t like Pumpkin Pie, but I love everything baked with pumpkin, so between my Easy Pumpkin Bar Recipe, Easy Pumpkin Cake (SO YUMMY!), Pumpkin Gingerbread, Pumpkin Pie in a Jar, Pumpkin Pancakes and a little random homemade Pumpkin puree thrown in, I AM IN HEAVEN!!
In fact, this is the first year I declared pumpkin is not just for the fall and I stocked up year round.
Now I have a new delicious recipe to add to my repertoire – Low Fat Crumble Top Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins. These muffins hit just the spot when I don’t want something overly sweet and want to feel a tad healthy at the same time. (Well, for that leave off the crumble top, but it’s just too good to pass up.)
Yes, I made a batch with the toppings and without, both were delicious, one was a treat.
So it’s the weekend and I bet you have most of the ingredients right in your pantry. With using a baking mix, they just whip up so quickly. I actually used my own homemade baking mix instead, but I follow the recipe in the same way.
And did you notice that the fat content is virtually nil, nothing, nada?
Yes, that means that I could eat three instead of just one lone muffin and it was so worth it!
Are you making any muffin recipes these week?
Why not peek at my list and make one this weekend. You will not be sorry.
Recipe: Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
Summary: These delicious crumbled topped pumpkin oatmeal muffins are the perfect start to your day.
- 4 cups all purpose baking mix (like Bisquick, but better yet, use my Homemade Bisquick.
- 2/3 cup quick or old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (30 ounces) Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Streusel topping (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 24 muffin cups
- Combine baking mix, oats, sugar, raisins, cinnamon and pie spices in large bowl.
- Combine the pumpkin pie mix and eggs in separate bowl; mix well.
- Stir in oats mixture until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling them 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with Streusel Topping. (optional)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from pans to wire rack and cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
- Streusel Topping:
- Combine 3 tablespoons all purpose flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in two tablespoons butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Make 24 muffins
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 16 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12