Have you ever had those moments when you decide to just have “a bite”, and then too many bites later, you are still standing over that same bowl?
Please tell me I am not alone!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is just one of those addicting dips that is hard to walk away from after one bite, and the irony is that I am not a big “Buffalo” flavor lover. In fact, I can’t stand Bleu Cheese, but now this recipe is down to such a science that even those who lean towards my flavor palette will love this as well.
You are more than welcome to stick with an all “ranch dressing” addition, but a bit of Bleu Cheese gives it a great twist if you enjoy it.
By adding more chicken, this makes an amazing gourmet sandwich filling. I often use this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken recipe for the chicken, make it into a dip and then enjoy a few meals out of it.
Below is the basic staple recipe for the Buffalo Chicken Dip, but know that there is flexibility based on preferences. Once you make it, you can adjust it to your perfect liking. (Then I’d love to hear how changed it up.)
Trust me, the people in your life will thank you for this one, but another great option is either my Easy Cheesy Visalia Onion Dip (yes, I make large portions since it goes so fast.)
or my infamous Beer Dip Recipe.
I don’t even like beer at all, but this recipe is another one of my favorites.
Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Summary: This tangy blend of flavors explode in your mouth. Make more than you think. It goes quickly.
- 2 cups finely shredded chicken, leftover Crockpot Buffalo Chicken or 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained. ( typically don’t use canned chicken, but works great for this.) For a a great option, use Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dressing (Mix and match Ranch/Bleu Cheese)
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot®. I have used the Buffalo wing sauce with great results too.)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Your favorite – Cheddar, Bleu, Mozzarella, Mexican blend etc.)
- 1 (8 ounce) box crackers, pita chips, Frito Scoops (your favorite)
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces (for a light serving option)
- Mix softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in dressing, and hot sauce, then add chicken to combine.
- Heat in a skillet or microwave, until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a mini slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. If you do not have a crock pot, just melt cheese in oven or microwave.
- Serve with your choice of crackers and/or celery sticks, if going light.
Adaptions: For light variation, try reduced fat cream cheese, low fat shredded cheese and Light Dressing. The flavors are so great, you can’t even tell the difference. If your preference is spicy, add a bit more Frank’s sauce.
For oven only variation, Mix all ingredients,except reserve half of the shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for five additional minutes.
Preparation time: 5 – 10 (Goes very quickly with cooked chicken)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12