A few weeks ago, I gathered some of my friends for a bulk cooking day. It’s one of those things that I host periodically because the accountability of knowing friends are coming makes it happen. By the end of the day, I always say, “Why don’t I do this more often?”
It’s always so worth the extra effort up front and doing it with girlfriends makes the time extra special.
There are many ways I have done my meal making days, but this time, I asked each guest to be responsible for one meal (times 8). I tell my friends to come with things precooked.
Since I was making Chicken Tetrazzini, I cooked up 16 pounds of chicken and enough noodles for 8 – 9×13 pans. Then we chop, dice, mix and assemble when we’re all together. I love this freezer friendly Chicken Tetrazzini recipe because it’s so easy to make and is always enjoyed by everyone.
You can easily change up the ingredients based on your preference, so feel free to omit the peppers, add more garlic, veggies, cheese etc. It’s a versatile recipe.
Even if you don’t gather with friends, this is a recipe to put in your 10 Minute Dinner arsenal of easy meals. Never just make one of these casseroles, at least double, if not triple, the recipe and you’ll be thanking me at a later crazy, dinner hour time. 🙂
Keep scrolling past the recipe for my amazing Delta Faucet Giveaway!
Recipe: Chicken Tetrazzini (Freezer Meals)
Summary: This easy Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is the perfect comfort casserole and freezes well.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions, sauteed
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 3 TB butter
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 5 1/2 cups diced chicken, cooked
- 4 cups shredded cheese (your favorite or Monterey Jack cheese)
- 2 10 1/4 ounce cans cream soup (chicken or mushroom)
- 1 soup can milk
- seasoning salt to taste. You’ll need quite a bit.
- 1/2 cup mayo (optional – When I add a bit of extra veggies or spaghetti, I like a little mayo for the extra flavor it gives.)
- Use pot size spaghetti or break noodles in half and cook as directed until al dente. (Still a tad firm.) Drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until transparent. (Could saute peppers too, but that’s optional.)
- Thoroughly mix onions, garlic and remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Put spaghetti mixture in freezer bags, 9×13 or 2 – 6 cups containers and freeze.
- To prepare for serving, thaw Tetrazzini and put in baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes until bubbly. I like to add extra cheese to top during the last ten minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12