Pizza in the car. Pizza on the coach. Pizza up high. Pizza down low. Pizza with friends. Pizza alone.
Yes, our family consumes a TON of pizza, anytime, anyplace.
And it’s a given that anytime pizza is made in our home, we throw in an extra one for left overs. Not just any leftovers, but cold pizza for breakfast.
It can have pepperoni and garlic. My guys don’t care. They’ll eat it at 8 am.
So with that in mind, I started making some pizza with a little bit of breakfast in mind. Not that you have to eat this in the morning, of course. Anytime will do.
This quick breakfast pizza is perfect for a crowd and it’s delicious left over as well. (Well, I think it is.)
This would be great without sausage, if you want to take a more vegetable lover’s approach. Then just load up on the veggies. It’s purely delicious in any form.
For this pictured version, we enjoyed sausage and onions and it hit the spot.
Since one pizza pan doesn’t go very far in our home, I always use this long jelly roll pan and vary the amounts. Sometimes I will use less crescent dough and just roll it very thin. It’s a yummy option. If you are opposed to store bought cresent roll dough, which is what makes this such a quick recipe, feel free to use the dough from my homemade Butterhorn Recipe
Recipe: Sausage Breakfast Pizza
Summary: This yummy and quick sausage breakfast pizza is a hit for any hungry crew. Omit the sausage and load up on veggies and you have a great vegetarian option.
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 1/2 8 count pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen hashed brown potatoes, thawed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 TB. Parmesan cheese
- optional: chopped onions, peppers, olives, your favorite extra ingredients
- Cook sausage in skillet until crumbled and brown.
- Drain grease.
- Roll crescent roll dough into pizza pan, forming a crust and sealing any edges.
- Layer sausage and potatoes over dough.
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 8 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8