Our family eats a lot of chicken breast and our family eats a lot of carbs. I started playing around with this recipe when I was eliminating various carbs from my diet, but my family still wanted meals packed with their favorite flavors.
Since we tend to eat pizza more than I’d ever care to admit, I knew that using our favorite pizza toppings, plus blending them with this great lean protein just might be a hit.
Since then, I’ve used this base recipe, added, subtracted and just had fun using whatever favorite toppings we had on hand.
If you love mushrooms, add them. We love onions, so I use two. If you hate green peppers, don’t think twice about kicking them to the curb. This Chicken Pizzeria is yours to experiment with and once you do, let me know your favorite flavor combination.
Head on over to see my Build Your Own Pizza Bar post. It will give you lots of culinary inspiration for this recipe and anything I’ve listed is fair game to use in this recipe. This recipe only serves a family of four, so obviously, I double it since it’s delicious the next day as well. Since I wanted to make sure that this met my 10 Minute Dinner guarantee, I halved the chicken breasts and laid them in the pan, but you could easily use chicken tenders or slice the breasts in smaller portions if you desire.
Enjoy our Chicken Pizzeria and have fun creating.
Recipe: Chicken Pizzeria
Summary: Blend your favorite pizza toppings with chicken and you have an amazing combination of flavors.
- Four boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup of spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 20 slices of pepperoni
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- seasoning salt (or your favorites such as onion/garlic salt)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray bottom of your favorite pan with cooking spray or line pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Rinse and pat chicken, then lay chicken breasts in pan.
- Liberally season chicken with salt, then sprinkle minced garlic on top.
- Spoon pizza sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the shredded Mozzarella and grated Parm.
- Top with your choice of toppings. I used pepperoni, onion and pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum, check to see if chicken is tender and juices running clear. Bake for 5 more minutes or until done.
- If cheese lover, sprinkle with a bit more Parmesan cheese when serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4