Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, yes, I love them all.
We are definitely a very berry kind of family and since our daughters make daily smoothies, we stock bulk quantities of frozen fruit in that freezer of ours.
So as I make my way through testing out tons of recipes using my Homemade Bisquick or let’s just call it Baking Mix for ease, I knew that a Very Berry (Blueberries, raspberries and blackberries), or better yet, Triple Berry Quick Bread was in order.
What I love about this recipe is that I’ve made it using sugar or this time, sweetened only with honey, making it a delicious and incredibly healthy option.
Now, while this picture and recipe shows that I used a three berry blend, you can use just make it a one berry option if that’s what you have available. If you have blueberries, then a delicious blueberry quick bread can be made just as easily. This is truly a versatile recipe so feel free to play with the addition of spices, eliminate the nuts or orange peel, and use mango juice instead of OJ if that’s what you have on hand. (I did and it was delicious). Also, if you look closely on these pictures, there is a little bit of oatmeal in the loaf. Yes, I was just shy of my 3 1/2 cups of baking mix so I added a little oatmeal.
Did I mention that you can play with this to find your perfect recipe?
If you don’t have my Homemade Baking Mix already made up, go ahead and combine the ingredients for the bulk amount. Trust me, you will want to have it available at all times. Plus, did you see how I made my own personal ” box mixes” for each of these recipes? They would make wonderfully, unique holiday gifts.
I sat down this morning, poured myself some coffee, slathered my triple berry quick bread with a tad of butter and deemed it a perfect morning.
Won’t you join me?
Recipe: Triple Berry Quick Bread
Summary: This moist and healthy triple berry quick bread is so delicious, plus whips up in minutes with a homemade baking mix.
- 3 1/2 cups homemade baking mix
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel (just adds a little extra punch but can be omitted)
- 1 cup chopped nuts *
- 1 1/2 cups berries
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cups honey and one cup orange juice* (OR) 3/4 cups sugar and one cup orange juice
- ** I have left the nuts out when I didn’t have any available
- ** I’ve substituted varying fruit juices when our orange juice was gone.
- Preheat oven to 350%
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix the liquid ingredients together well.
- Add them to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until blended.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan (9x5x3) or three small loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes in regular loaf pan – 45 minutes for small pans(or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool in pan for about five minutes then turn out on wire rack.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 55 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6