I mentioned on the invitation to bring either a side or dessert. No need to RSVP.
Who actually responds promptly these days anyhow? Sad, but true.
The guests started entering, and our table began to fill with food.
Lots and lots of food. Lots and lots of side dishes.
Now, for me, lots of side dishes is almost as good as having appetizers for dinner. I am completely fine with that scenario, but I couldn’t believe that desserts were not lining the table, and knowing a few of my friends, they were going to be looking for them.
My hands started getting a little sweaty realizing that a dreaded nightmare was about to be reality. NO DESSERT FOR DINNER!!
But then I remember my ace in the whole. The dessert that I run to whenever I am in a pinch for a large group.
The every faithful, trifle.
You see, in a trifle bowl, everything tastes better. It’s just so pretty and therefore, anything you mix in there because magic on a plate and that is definitely what this Strawberry Snickers Trifle became in an instant.
Typically, I do something with pound cake and fruit. It’s light, refreshing and a welcome change from the traditional chocolate desserts my family loves, but this evening, I didn’t have pound cake. I had a brownie mix and it would definitely work.
The wonderful thing about trifles is that anything works.
Quickly tasking my daughter with whipping up a package of brownies, I started hunting for what we had on hand and believe it or not, Snicker Bars appeared. They were manna from dessert heaven and right there, I knew everything would be all right.
With a little layering of this and that, dessert was served for a crowd with resounding affirmation.
All was good at the potluck once again, but next time, I’ll make sure we have a little bit of everything.
Remember, everything is better in a trifle bowl and pretty much anything goes.
How’s that for an award winning dessert?
What’s your favorite kind of trifle?
Recipe: Strawberry Snickers Trifle
Summary: Create this amazing Strawberry Snickers Trifle in minutes. Delicious and beautiful.
- Box brownie mix or pound cake, your flavor preference. You may not choose to use the entire pan depending on how large the bowl.
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Carmel Ice Cream Topping
- Chocolate Syrup *optional for extra chocolate
- Instant Vanilla pudding (or homemade)
- 3 Snickers Candy Bars, chopped
- Cool Whip (or homemade whip cream)
- Slice strawberries.
- Chop Snickers bars into small pieces.
- Prepare box of pudding as directed.
- Cut brownies up into bite size pieces.
- To assemble the trifle, begin by layering brownies on bottom of trifle bowl and cover bottom.
- Then layer 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top of the brownies.
- Drizzle caramel and/or chocolate syrup on top of the pudding.
- Spread a layer of sliced strawberries on pudding, followed by half of the whipped cream (or Cool Whip.)
- Sprinkle with half of the candy bars.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, but make sure you finish with Snickers and garnish with strawberries.
- Cover and chill for a few hours before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
And if you want a little twist on the Strawberry Snickers Trifle, the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is a fan favorite, along with the many varations of my Pound Cake Dress ups.
Perfect Pound Cake Ideas: 8 Ways to Dress Up Pound Cake
I love these Strawberry snickers. They are a favorite of my faimly. I can’t wait to make them. Thanks for a great post:)
Yum! That looks so good Jen! Can’t wait to try it.
Looks yummy and perfect for a Valentines Day celebration! I always forget how versatile trifles are!
I couldn’t comment up there….so I’m commenting down here.
Love the post.
Love your heart.
oh friend – right back at you. This weekend was pure joy soending time with you. Truly. xoxo