“My family didn’t have a lot of material things growing up, but we always loved when my mom would buy the Strawberry or chocolate drink mixes and mix it in with our milk for a special treat.
Now I’ve found a grown up version in Taste of Homes 2003 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes, and I’ve modified it with easy to find ingredients, and to fit perfectly in a 16 oz. decorative jar for gift giving,” Margo shares.
What a unique gift to the typical hot chocolate mixes. I love this strawberry milk recipe for its pretty presentation. What a fun DIY food gift.
Recipe: Strawberry Milk
Summary: This easy to make, hot strawberry milk recipe makes a perfect hot drink mix to give as a gift.
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon of nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons of plain nondairy creamer
- 1/3 cup strawberry instant milk drink powder
- mini marshmallows (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- For one serving add 1/3 cup of mixture to 3/4 boiling water.
- Stir well and top with mini marshmallows.
- For a decorative gift, layer the ingredients in a 16 ounce jar
- Label with the directions on a pretty tag, and add a bow or pretty fabric top.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Makes 1 – 16 ounce jar full of the strawberry drink mix.
did you have a post about using wax paper and pressed flowers to make a luminary craft???? i gathered all the supplies needed except the special tape required,,,, and now i cant find the instructions!!! thy’re lost in cberland!!! if you can help!,,, thanx! they were gonna be xmas presents!! cindy, hamilton
Oh this sounds so good and looks so pretty. I will have to remember this for next year. Merry Christmas.