Ideas from my Magic Bullet Recipes Contest scaled over 130 strong, and I invite you to read through the comments if you need some great snack ideas this summer.
There were some of you who added quite a few recipe entries, and I sure wish I could have you as a winner as well, but thanks to all of you for the great ideas. Here were the four winners. Enjoy these great snack recipe ideas.
1. My Potamus’s Pizza
- One whole wheat pita (the round kind, not the pocket kind)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce pureed (the Magic Blender would work great) with two fresh basil leaves and a small handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Handful of mozzarella cheese
- Small handful of fresh spinach leaves (I get this in the organic bulk food section near the salad)
- 1/4 of small can of diced chicken (or use leftover chicken of any type that you might have)
- Drizzle of olive oil
My boys gobble this down and my three year old will eat anything on a pizza! This makes it healthier. This is also super yummy cut up in squares for an appetizer for a party.
2. Homemade BBQ sauce
- 2 lg cans diced tomatoes
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 T Tabasco sauce (can omit this if you don’t like it hot)
- 1/2 Cup lime juice
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 1/8 t ginger
Add all ingredients together and puree until smooth.
Amber – A favorite snack around here (or pre-dinner appetizer or sometimes just as dinner!)
- 1 baguette
- Good extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes (preferably home-grown or vine-ripened)
- 1 8oz ball of fresh mozzarella
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Salt, to taste
Directions: Preheat oven to 350F. Place tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, salt and a bit of oil into Magic Bullet. Chop coarsely, then place mixture in refrigerator. Cut baguette on diagonal into 1 inch thick slices (this gives maximum surface area for your topping). Place slices on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub each slice with cut side of garlic clove. Top each slice with tomato mixture and return to oven until cheese is melted. Serve hot!
4. Creamy Fruit Popsicles
KeriLyn@SheSaved – We would have to much fun with one of these Magic Bullets! My kids LOVE Popsicles
and we make one that would work wonderful with the Magic Bullet.
- 1-2 bananas
- 1/4 c. milk
- 10 oz. package frozen sliced strawberries
- 8 oz. can pineapple and syrup
Blend all ingredients (in the Magic Bullet if you have one!)
Pour into popsicle molds or paper cups (with sticks)
Freeze …and wait! YUM!
Simple Rules for Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods – If you’re joining in with a recipe link, two simple requests. As always, Please link directly to your recipe post and not your blog URL, so that everyone can find the recipe months from now.
Also, link back here so that everyone can join in the fun. MANY OF YOU ARE NOT linking back, and it’s just common courtesy of blog carnivals.
Don’t forget to support your fellow bloggers by checking out some of their amazing recipes…be inspired by others.