In high school, I can remember the bumper sticker that became popular, “Real Men Eat Quiche.” Well, it’s a good thing I am raising some real men, or they might go awfully hungry.
I enjoy cooking up a quick and easy quiche recipe because not only are they delicious, but the recipes are a wonderful way to increase proteins and veggies (if you choose to add vegetables), while making wonderful use of items that are already in the fridge (i.e my Pantry Challenge.)
This easy quiche recipe whips up in minutes, meeting my prerequisite for a Ten Minute Dinner standard, and yes, I make quiche for dinner. So many variations can be adapted from this quick and easy quiche recipe that you would be making a mistake if you only thought it works well for breakfast or brunch. I have given you a basic recipe, but this is another recipe where creativity is key. Add ingredients that you love. In the above photo, I even had some left over diced potatoes. I added them in and it was delicious. It’s impossible to mess up quiche. 🙂
Recipe: Quick Quiche
Summary: This quick and easy quiche recipe whips up in minutes, but is so delicious you’ll definitely want to double the recipe.
- 1 – Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup chopped ham, sausage, turkey, bacon (your choice)
- 1 cup of grated cheese (your favorite)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Bisquick * (Some people do not want to use Bisquick. I have used one cup of sour cream as a substitution with success.)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt or your favorite seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, garlic salt
- Sprinkle your choice of cheese and meat on the bottom of pie plate.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour on the top. Yes, cheese is my downfall, so often, I sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes to set before cutting.
- This recipe is just as delicious with your choice of vegetables as well. I typically add finely chopped onion, broccoli and even potatoes, but peppers, mushrooms, green onions are all wonderful choices as well.
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8