If you are a parent of littles (or even little at heart), my guess is that you will be heading to the theater (or waiting a few more months for the DVD to come out) and watching the blockbuster, Minions.
From Despicable Me to absolute stardom, they are enjoying their limelight.
I mean, they are so cute. How can we all not love these adorable single celled yellow organisms that live to serve?
In honor of the movie, why not kick off the festivities with a fun and delicious treat – these easy Minion Cookies using Milanos. Yes, my favorite kind of shortcut cookie.
I see lots of kid parties using these cookies as the star of the show.
The list of ingredients is short and sweet. Everything you can purchase on Amazon (linked below) or Michaels, with the Milano cookies located in your favorite dessert aisle at your grocery store. 🙂
The best part is that you never even need to turn on your oven because they are NO Bake treats, so it’s perfect for these hot months.
Grab the kids and enjoy making these together.
They will love seeing their Minions come to life.
Recipe: Easy Minion Cookies
Summary: Embrace the Minion craze with these adorable and easy Minion Cookies using Milano cookies.
- Fill two coffee cups with each color of your Wilton’s Candy Melts.
- Microwave Yellow Cup for 1 minute. Stir.
- Repeat in 30 second intervals as needed until chocolate has melted smooth.
- Dip the top part of your Milano cookie into the melted chocolate and set on a piece of wax paper.
- Add your eye while the chocolate is still soft. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until cool. Microwave Blue Cup for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals as needed until chocolate has melted smooth.
- Once smooth dip the bottom part of you Milano cookie into chocolate, set on wax paper, and cover in blue sprinkles while candy melts are still smooth.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes until the entire cookie sets (is giving off absolutely no warmth because warm chocolate will make a mess with the next step).
- Once you cookie has cooled down completely use your black gel to trace circles around the eye(s) and draw a goggle strap.
- Serve and enjoy!