I first shared this Easy and Elegant Chocolate Souffle recipe over at 10 Minute Dinners. It’s one of those go-to desserts that should be added to everyone’s repertoire because it looks and tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen, but we all know the truth. 😉
This dessert is a wonderful option for hosting because while it’s decadent, delicious and elegant – perfect for a special evening – it’s also simple enough that you can teach the kids how to make it as well.
Since this makes such a beautiful presentation when made in individual dishes, I specifically scour thrift stores and yard sales for ramekin dishes just for personalized desserts like this. Typically, you’ll easily find them for $0.50 – $1 and it truly elevates the ordinary.
With only four ingredients, you can not go wrong with this easy chocolate Souffle recipe. It’s gooey goodness, especially if chocolate is one of your love languages and really, who doesn’t love melted chocolate.
Recipe: Easy Elegant Chocolate Souffle
Summary: With only four ingredients, you can not go wrong with these easy, elegant chocolate souffle recipe goodness.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Thoroughly coat the insides and rims of four 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with sugar and set on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and cream.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring twice. Divide in half. Cover and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Gently fold half of the cooled chocolate mixture into the beaten egg whites until combined.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center omes out clean. Serve immediately.
- To serve, open the centers of the souffles with two spoons and pour in remaining chocolate mixture.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Image and recipe inspiration from BHG.