Creating cakes that look and taste like they came from a bakery is my desire, yet reality sets in and I am drawn to my second choice of finding recipes that can mimic that desire. This easy chocolate recipe takes the cake. 🙂
With a pre-made cake mix as the base, you add in enough of the homemade goodness to fool even your closest friends. (And my thanks to Bonnie for sharing this recipe with us on our girls get away.)
Chocolate Cream Cheese Tunnel Cake Recipe
|1 1/4 cups
1 (18.25-ounce) pkg
|semisweet chocolate chips
packages cream cheese, softened
chocolate cake mix
semisweet chocolate chips
|Preheat oven to 350°, grease and flour 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Melt 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips in double boiler over simmering water.
- With electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, milk, and melted chocolate.
- Beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, coffee, oil, and eggs, and beat with electric mixer for 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts (optional)
- Mound cream cheese mixture onto the top of cake mixture around the tube, but do not spread to touch sides of pan.
- Bake until top springs back when pressed lightly in center.
- Cool upright in pan one hour before inverting.
To make glaze:
Heat 1/2 cup cream in small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
Drizzle warm glaze over cooled cake.
Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.
Oven Temp ~ 350° Baking Time ~ 55 to 65 Min.
Pan Type ~ 10 inch tube pan or Bundt pan