It’s no secret that our family loves breakfast foods at any time of the day. I shout that fact from the rooftops, so maybe that’s why I continually surprise myself with new and delicious twists and turns for our favorite dishes.
I’ve been making my Elegant Egg Bake and Cheese and Egg Puffs (made in muffin tins) for years. I add varying meats, substitute ingredients on a whim and basically know that these two are always winners. They’re the kind of recipe that no one can mess up, which makes it all the more wonderful.
When people ask me for an egg recipe for company, I steer them in this direction.
So when my parents came over for brunch a few weeks ago, I decided to spice things up a little bit in honor of having our son home on break. He loves a little flavor to his dishes (as in, pour hot sauce on everything and call it a day.).
The little extra kick with the green chilies give this Egg dish just the flavorful packed punch I wanted and it was so yummy. This will be perfect for your family or even once everyone is gathered for the holidays; add in my fruit salad and easy Overnight Cinnamon Rolls and you are ready to go.
I hope this easy egg puff speaks comfort food into your life, just like it does ours. 🙂
For another delicious variation of this Egg Puff, try my Elegant Egg Bake.
Recipe: Chili Cheese Egg Puff
Summary: This Chili Cheese is packed with flavor and is a favorite brunch dish everywhere.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (I like using garlic at times)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (7 ou) can diced green chilies
- salsa, sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs well.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, Jack cheese and butter.
- Mix until ingredients are smooth, then add chilies and stir.
- Pour the mixture in greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until firm. Top will be golden.
- Serve warm with optional toppings.
Preparation time: 8 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8