Each home is so unique, and with that comes various sights, sounds, smells, and yes, “food rules.”
Whether they are funny, serious or silly, I’d love to hear some of the fun “food rules” that you may intentionally, or unintentionally, live out in your home, around the dinner table, or in the kitchen.
Here are just a few that come to mind when I start pondering our own home…I am sure I will think of many, many more. 🙂
- There is no such thing as too much garlic or onions when cooking.
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup must always be eaten together.
- You must be in a robe and fuzzy slipper to really enjoy hot chocolate to its fullest (now I need to find mine.)
- A chocolate cookie in each hand really evens out the calories.
- French fries dipped in mayo or ranch, truly is divine (ducking now as you all say, “ewww.”)
- Don’t answer the phone during dinner – everyone needs to totally unplug.
- Dinner by candlelight is a necessity.
- If you dirty it, you clean it…put the dishes in the dishwasher, or wash it after you are done.
- You must try “brownie bites” at each meal, as in, when our children were young, they had to try a few bites before they left the table. (We do have a “one pass” rule, where we all know the one food they do not have to eat.)
So join in and share in the comments what are some of your family’s “food rules.”
I know I could use a good chuckle, and who knows, maybe we’ll all find one more rule to put on our list. 😉
Now I’m off to be inspired by these hundred tried and true recipes. With fall scheduling here, my meal plan strategy needs to take it up a notch.
Simple Rules for Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods – As always, please link directly to your recipe post and not your blog URL, so that everyone can find the recipe months from now.
Also, link back here so that everyone can join in the fun, it’s just common courtesy of blog carnivals. Please do not link up a recipe meme that you have started. Thanks for your understanding.