This Zucchini Banana Bread is a wonderful choice for my Baking Days . I tripled the recipe because it’s a perfect bread to freeze.
Recipe: Zucchini Banana Bread
Summary: This Zucchini Banana Bread is a wonderfully moist and easy quick bread for any occasion.
- 3 large bananas (mashed)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (drained)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups all purpose flour ( I used freshly ground soft white wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Mix together the first four ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together the next five ingredients and combine with banana mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add melted butter and mix in to batter.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Put into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Test with toothpick.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Because I also deleted the nuts and most of the raisins, I did dump in a little bit of quick oats to absorb some of that excess moisture. I was experimenting with a very healthy version, so I cut back on the sugar content and used primarily all whole wheat flour, which explains the darker color. My intent was not to make it SO healthy that I deleted the butter, but it was still yummy. (No, I do not recommend no butter, but it’s a great bread recipe for all the zucchini this time of year.)