Hi ladies! I’m Cyndi, and I blog at Walking in Grace & Beauty. I love to share fashion & beauty tips with women over 40, as well as reminders that true beauty begins on the inside.
I’m excited to be guest posting for Jen today and I thought it would be fun to give you a quick makeover.
We all want to look and feel our best. So here are 8 Ways You Can Look Younger Now! I promise, these work!
1. Add some bangs-Have you ever seen a before and after makeover on someone over 40? They almost always add bangs whether it’s side swept or straight across, bangs soften your face.
2. Fill in your eyebrows. As we age, we begin to lose our eyebrows. But eyebrows are important and help frame our face. So, it’s important to fill them in. I use a MAC Eye Shadow called Brunto fill in my eyebrows. Do NOT draw a line. We want them to look as natural as possible.
3. Lighten your lipstick and add some gloss. Another thing that will take years off of you is to lighten your lipstick. Dark lipsticks age us, period. I know dark lipsticks can be “in style.” But for the over 40 crowd, dark lipsticks are not good. Lip gloss is a youthful look.
4. Do wear foundation, but don’t over do it! Most women over 40 need foundation. Apply a small amount and then add more as needed. But don’t over do it. We’re looking for a natural look, as if we’ve done nothing. My choice of foundation is COVER FX sold at Sephora or online. A bit more expensive, but worth the investment.
5. Don’t wear matchy matchy. Suits and outfits that match can age us, so mix and match your clothes. It’s a much more youthful look.
6. Pick up a hip accessory like a cute handbag or a trendy scarf. I love scarves and wear them all the time in the fall and winter. Handbags are a great way to add something trendy to your outfit.
7. Add some bling to your outfit with a cute necklace, a ring or try wearing several bracelets. Accessories make all the difference!
8. Color those gray hairs. I know it’s a pain but gray hair ages us. Even women who have beautiful gray hair still look older than someone who colors their hair. Make sure you pick a color that works for your skin tone and stay away from jet black.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my quick makeover!
Which of the 8 ways to look younger do you think you need to try?here, and you can also follow me on facebook.
Have a blessed day!