It’s that time of year when I get a hankering for anything strawberry, and I count the weeks till we can go pick them ourselves.
I just love a good Strawberry Pie, especially one mixed with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, but even more, this Strawberry Margarita Pie with my all time favorite pretzel crust is a new Go To recipe.
Growing up in the Midwest, any potluck you attend is sure to have a Strawberry Pretzel Dessert, although it’s mixed with jello. I was shocked when we moved south and no one knew about that recipe.
I’ll definitely have to post that one as well, but I decided to bring back that yummy Pretzel crust, instead of a traditional Graham cracker crust, and mix it with all kinds of frozen deliciousness. I barely got a picture in before it was gobbled up in minutes.
This is perfect as a non-alcoholic dessert or choose to elevate it for the adults by adding a tiny spike of tequila.
It’s prettiest made in a round spring form pan, but since I typically feed this to so many people I double the recipe and make it in a 9×13 pan. Since this is a very sweet dessert, there are many times when I substitute fresh strawberries for the frozen strawberries with the syrup. When I double the recipe, I mix the ratio half and half. Either way, wait until you try it, it’s one of those recipes that people will want to have, and when that happens, you know it’s a good one.
If you’re “hankering” for more strawberry recipes, check out my Strawberry Recipe post and read the comments.
Wow, there are so many great ideas just in time for strawberry season.
Recipe: Strawberry Margarita Pie
Summary: This delicious, frozen pie gives a great twist to your traditional Strawberry recipes.
- 1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (make sure it’s not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup frozen concentrated margarita mix, thawed
- 1 10 ounce package frozen strawberries with syrup, thawed
- 1 cup whipped cream
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- In separate bowl, combine all the crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press the mixture in the bottom of an ungreased 8 or 9 inch spring form pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In large bowl, combine the margarita mix and sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour over the crust.
- Freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temp for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish as desired.
- Store in freezer.
*To make the alcoholic version, substitute 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 TB tequila and 2 TB orange flavored liqueur for margarita mix.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
So what are you cooking up for Tasty Tuesday? I can’t wait to see.
(Remember to link up to your recipe post, link back to Beautyandbedlam.com in your post and share the love.)