This decadent Praline Frosting spread or drizzled onto these Homemade Fudgy Brownies make for delicious and ultra-rich Praline-Iced Brownies, but don’t stop there, it’s delicious with Apple cake, Spice Cake, Carrot Cake and so many more baked treats.
Use my homemade brownie recipe  as a base, or if you’re in a quick fix mode, turn your box mix into a homemade treat just by adding this Praline frosting.
Recipe: Praline Frosting (for Homemade Praline Brownies)
Summary: This homemade Praline Frosting turns any brownie into sheer mouthwatering decadence.
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Prepare Fudgy Brownies as directed.
- In 2 quart saucepan, heat 5 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- Add 1/3 cup packed brown sugar over medium-low heat until mixture has melted and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk, beat in 3 tablespoons bourbon OR 1 tablespoon vanilla extra plus 2 tablespoons water.
- Stir in 2 cups confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Spread topping over room temperature brownies.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans over topping. (Optional, but so yummy.)
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)