Trying new recipes pulls us all out of the cooking rut. I was amazed at the delicious taste of this vegetarian alternative to the big, juice burger. Not only are the Portobello Pizza Burgers tasty, but SO incredibly easy. When I asked the question in my last Tasty Tuesday post, “What new foods have you tried lately?” I mentioned climbing into new cooking territories. If you want to join me, this is such a great addition. Yes, I feel like I am living on the wild side.
Portobello Pizza Burgers
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 portobello mushrooms, gills and stems removed
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of Pasta Sauce or Pizza Sauce, heated
- 9 whole wheat rolls, toasted if desired.
- Combine Soup mix with olive oil in large Ziplock bag. Add mushrooms, turn to coat. Close bag and marinate in one hour.
- Grill or broil mushroom, turning once, 8 minutes or until tender, adding cheese during the last two minutes of cooking. Arrange mushrooms on buns, then top with Sauce.