Welcome to Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods.
You are in for a treat today.
I can’t believe I am sharing this tried and true secret because it’s one of those recipes that tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen, yet you can whip it up at a moment’s notice.
I have made this for hundreds of people and every time, the recipe requests come.
Not only will it make you drool, but it’s easy and INEXPENSIVE (if you do it right).
This is one of those recipes that you can’t goof up no matter how hard you try and if you forget the actual recipe, you can improvise. Since my friends can’t stand when I improvise my recipes, I will be specific.
How’s this for specific? Ha Ha…please tell me I am not the only one who scribbled down chicken scratch over a decade ago, improvised for years, and then couldn’t believe when I actually found it….
I have also made this “low fat” by using low fat biscuits and cutting down on the butter.
You did know that brown sugar and corn syrup have virtually 0 fat grams?
Now, just don’t ask about all the other nutritional benefits…it’s just pure pleasure eating.
Recipe: Easy Apple Pecan Coffee Cake
Summary: This melt in your mouth apple pecan coffee cake has all the goodness of homemade sticky buns with none of the work.
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan *(optional)
- Store bought biscuits (16 ounces)
- 2-3 Granny Smith Apples
- Cinnamon/ Sugar mixture *
- In a round 11 inch pan, layer the softened butter, corn syrup, and then brown sugar (in that order).
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- If nut allergy, you may omit if necessary or use varying nuts.
- After you have sprinkled the pecans, put a layer of diced, sliced or chopped apples (use what you have, but Granny Smith are the best).
- Next, divide biscuits into smaller pieces, and roll them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and place on top of apples. (My daughter loves this step, but when I make it, I do NOT do it. I just sprinkle cinnamon on top of the biscuits once I have layered them.)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. (Put a cookie sheet under it in case it leaks.)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Invert pan onto cake plate.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Pillsbury biscuits were stockpiled when on sale BOGO, and I had coupons for all items. I never pay more than $.50 for any Pillsbury items, and you shouldn’t have to either. There are always coupons for Pillsbury.
Corn syrup was $.18 for this whole bottle. I bought the 4 marked downs bottles (you know my love of mark downs)  that were left and will be making this recipe quite a few times in the future.
Apples were marked down because of that teeny tiny bruise there…see it? Yep, I’ll take $.49/lb and cut that baby out.
So, enjoy the melt in your mouth apple coffee cake, pecan apple delight, better than Cinnabons or whatever great name you give me.
I just love baking with apples, especially my Dutch Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze.  You must give it a try too. Heavenly!