Thank me later. No really, I know you will.
If you are scrambling for an easy, yet melt in your mouth, egg dish for company, look no further. Once you try this, is won’t be saved for just company, I promise, and you’ll wonder how these simple ingredients can be so delicious.
Since I’m actually a city-suburb girl turned county, we have our own chickens, which means our own eggs. Over the years I have experimented with a LOT of egg dishes and this one is always a request. It’s so easy to whip together, yet it is one of those creamy and rich egg dishes.
For my family, I serve without any topping, but if you want to dress up this recipe and present it like it’s garnered a five star reputation, serve in squares with a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of raspberry sauce. Yes, then it’s truly elegantly gourmet.
If you would like to serve a Veggie option, try my Veggie Egg Casserole p acked with garden vegetables.
Recipe: Elegant Egg Bake
Summary: These simple ingredients result in a melt in your mouth creamy egg bake that wins rave reviews every time.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cottage cheese (if cottage cheese consistency is an issue, choose small curd and mash. No one will know it’s cottage cheese)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (or favorite cheese)
- Salt, pepper or favorite seasoning salt
- sliced ham (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Grease 8×11 inch baking dish and cover the bottom with the shredded cheese.
- If you choose to use ham, then layer the slices of ham on top of the cheese.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour and the cottage cheese.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle with a dash of seasoning salt
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
For my large family and company, I double this recipe and prepare in large pan. It reheats very well in case of extras.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
(Edited to add: Today I mixed up the eggs when I realized I did not have any cottage cheese on hand. I experimented with a tub of Philadephia cooking cream in place of the cottage cheese and it was also wonderful – just another option in case you ever have that predicament.