Is it mean to make you stare without sharing? I assure you I would love nothing more than to enjoy this incredibly delicious chocolate sandwich cookie with you over a cup of Starbucks.
Now that I’ve personally tempted all of you, please sit down because you are about to find out how easy they are to make…too easy. In fact, when I first tried these, I wouldn’t believe my friend Rebecca when she said they were cookies made from chocolate cake mix. Ladies, I don’t even like chocolate mix, but these, oh my, SO good! Good enough that you could serve these for any fancy occasion, and they taste gourmet, almost like a rich, fudge brownie cookie.
For my fellow couponers, start stocking up on free or nearly free cake mixes because I guarantee, you do not want to miss this easy dessert. We’ve given ideas on what to do for ten minute dinners, well this is a 10 second dessert…well almost. 😉
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 2 – 18.25oz. boxes of chocolate cake mix (I know all you foodies are cringing, but this makes it so easy!)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 container chocolate icing (or homemade)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In bowl, stir together the chocolate cake mix, eggs and oil. Mix until well blended.
- You can roll the dough into balls, but an ice cream scooper works great. Slightly flatten the dough balls.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Once cooled, spread a dollop of icing onto the inside of one cookie, then top with the other to make a sandwich.If you think this might be chocolate overload, you may always use a different flavor of icing, such as my easy cream cheese frosting, but for the chocolate lovers in the group, these will satisfy any craving. YUM!
Have fun with this easy sandwich cookie recipe, and experiment with various cake mixes. Carrot, Red Velvet, or even a White Mix with a dash of flavoring such as hazelnut, and then vanilla icing would be delicious. Enjoy!