- Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - http://beautyandbedlam.com -
Butterhorn Roll Recipe, Butterhorns
Posted By Jen On December 9, 2010 @ 11:21 pm In Muffins & Breads | 14 Comments
Every time my extended family gets together, you can bet this delicious Butterhorn roll recipe will be shared. Butterhorns are a fairly simple yeast bread recipe with the added benefit that they have a beautiful presentation, so they make a perfect addition to everything from a casual brunch to a fancy five course dinner.
Trust me. One try of these Butterhorns, and you will see why it’s a family tradition in our home.
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 packages yeast -dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water (This would be for traditional yeast. Since I use instant yeast, I do not proof the yeast first.)
- 1 cup butter (oil and shortening are also options)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 beaten eggs
- 9 cups flour
- Soften the active dry yeast in warm water.
- Combine hot milk, butter, sugar and salt: cool to lukewarm.
- Add 1 cup of the flour.
- Add yeast mixture and eggs. Beat well.
- Stir in remaining flour or enough to make a very soft dough.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place dough in bowl and let rise until double – about 1-2 hours (but will vary based on home temp).
- Divide into 6 equal parts. Roll each part on lightly floured board to a 9 inch circle.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Cut each circle into 12 wedges (like a pizza): roll each wedge, starting with wide end and rolling to point.
11. Arrange rolls, poin down, on greased cookie sheet: brush with melted butter.
12. Cover and let rise till very light (about 45 minutes).
13. Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) 10-12 minutes.
Makes six dozen rolls. (You may halve the recipe if that is too many, but they are great to freeze in Ziplock bag.)
Some of our other favorites are the Easiest Ever Apple Pecan Coffee Cake (made with biscuits ). This tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen, when in reality, it took minutes.
My most requested recipe – my Copy Cat Cinnabon Rolls. These just aren’t for Christmas morning any more.
Enjoy your carb loading…these are all so worth it.
Article printed from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam: http://beautyandbedlam.com
URL to article: http://beautyandbedlam.com/butterhorn-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 via RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/beautyandbedlam/MCXv
 via email: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=beautyandbedlam/MCXv&loc=en_US
 Image: http://beautyandbedlam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rolls-thanksgiving.jpg
 via: http://tasteofhome.com
 Image: http://beautyandbedlam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/crescent-rolls.JPG
 Image: http://beautyandbedlam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/butterhorn-roll-recipe.jpg
 Image: http://beautyandbedlam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/butterhorn-rolls1.JPG
 Apple Pecan Coffee Cake (made with biscuits: http://beautyandbedlam.com/melt-in-your-mouth-apple-coffee-cake-tasty-tuesday/
 Image: http://beautyandbedlam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/easyapplecoffeecake.JPG
 Copy Cat Cinnabon Rolls. : http://beautyandbedlam.com/homemade-cinnamon-rolls-copy-cat-cinnabon-recipe/
 Image: http://beautyandbedlam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cinnabon-rolls.jpg
Copyright © 2011 Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. All rights reserved.